Helping you find the right path
The Adult Literacy Service provides free and confidential group classes anted one-to-one tuition for adults.
Adult Guidance Services
The Adult Educational Guidance and Information Service is an initiative funded by the Department of Education and Skills that provides a comprehensive, professional guidance and information service to the returning adult learner.
Who is the Service for?
The Adult Educational Guidance and Information Service is a FREE SERVICE open to adults who:
- Are currently participating in Further Education and Training programmes in LOETB
- Are considering returning to education or training
- Left school early and would like to return to education
- Are having difficulty in finding or keeping suitable employment due to the lack of appropriate educational qualifications
- Have funding from the Education Finance Board
What does the Service offer?
- Appointments on a one to one and group basis
- Educational and career guidance
- Free, confidential and ongoing support to the returning adult learner
- Advice on steps to Further and Higher Education and Training
- Up to date information on courses both locally and nationally
- Assistance with application forms for Further Education and Third Level Institutions
- Information on funding and grants